Eleni and I just attended the Colorado Bar Association's two-day annual employment law conference in Denver. Attending this conference allows us to stay up to date on recent developments and changes in employment law in Colorado so that we can be the most effective advocates for our clients struggling with work-related legal issues. This two-day conference covered many issues including, but not limited to:
- Disability discrimination and the Americans with Disabilities Act;
- Being "regarded as disabled";
- Mental health discrimination;
- Stress related employment claims;
- Equal Pay Claims (Title VII and Equal Pay Act);
- Fair Labor Standards Act claims;
- Best practices for mediating employment law claims;
- Trade secrets and data security in employment law;
- Protected concerted activity in non-union workplaces; and
- A general national and statewide employment case law update.
Albrechta & Albrechta, LLC focuses primarily on representing employees who have been wrongfully terminated, demoted, unfairly compensated, or otherwise. If you feel you have been treated unfairly by your employer, please give us a call at (970) 422-3288.